Minimum Academic Requirements
- Related master’s degree or equivalent coursework. Applicants who have not completed graduate-level courses in microeconomic theory, macroeconomic theory, and econometrics with grades of B or better will be required to complete these courses early in the DED program.
- Completion of undergraduate courses in intermediate macroeconomic theory and intermediate microeconomic theory with grades of B or better (or equivalent).
- Completion of undergraduate course in differential calculus with grade of B or better (or equivalent).
- Additional coursework in matrix algebra recommended.
- Completion of statistics course including regression analysis with grade of B or better.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA: 3.0/4.0.
- GRE or GMAT score is not required.
Apply to the NMSU Graduate School
Graduate School admission requirements must be met before applicants may be admitted to the DED program.
NOTE: Application deadlines for domestic and international students are not the same; please ensure you are aware of all applicable deadlines.
- NMSU Graduate School application forms are available for both domestic and international students.
- International students apply through International Student & Scholar Services and submit a completed International Application for Admission form with a non-refundable application fee. The current university Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) requirement is 530 (paper test), 197 (computer test). In lieu of a TOEFL score of 530, an applicant may agree to successfully complete NMSU’s International Intensive English Program (IIEP).
- Provide complete official undergraduate and graduate transcripts. NMSU’s Registrar Office has transcript information.
Applications, transcripts and a non-refundable application fee must be submitted to the Graduate School.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!
DED Program Requirements
Include the following documents in your application to the Graduate School:
- Unofficial copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Three recommendations from qualified people addressing your oral and written communication skills, potential for successful doctoral level study, and potential for professional success.
- Letter of interest including a statement of intent explaining your purpose in applying for the program and particular interest in economic development.
- Your current resumé.
NOTE: Only complete applications will be considered.
Other written correspondence may be sent to:
Department of Economics, Applied Statistics & International Business
Box 30001, MSC 3CQ
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001, USA