As a student in the Doctor of Economic Development program, your training will have a solid foundation in economics and economic development with the opportunity to select elective courses and specialties reflecting your interests and goals.
Areas of specialization include international development, public finance and economic research. Other specialties can be arranged with the approval of the program director and the student’s graduate committee. All graduates will complete an internship and a major economic development project
Profile of a Doctor of Economic Development graduate
- Ability to read and understand academic literature and apply that knowledge in the field to practical economic development problems.
- Solid grounding in standard economic theory (micro/macro) and an appreciation for alternative theoretical perspectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- At least one area of specialization outside of economic development.
- Proficiency in econometrics and other research tools useful in economic development.
- Completed at least one substantial real-world economic development project that was put into practice.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!
Our program is the only professional doctorate focused on economic development.
With the integration of classroom instruction and real-world know-how, our students become leaders with technical expertise and catalysts for economic development.
Here are more reasons to apply to the Doctor of Economic Development:
1. Learn in a unique setting where they explore a wide variety of economic development issues that span international borders.
2. Gain the knowledge and skills needed to help communities move forward
3. Profit from access to nationally recognized experts
4. Expand your professional network
5. Enhance your career options